Laclede Gas Company is the largest natural gas distribution utility in Missouri, serving approximately 630,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in the city of St. Louis and ten other counties in Eastern Missouri. Lacledegaskids.com is brought to you by the Consumer Education department at Laclede Gas.
For more than 150 years, Laclede has been a leader in the St. Louis community, providing safe and reliable natural gas to commercial and residential customers. The Consumer Education department is dedicated to bringing information to the public on the benefits of natural gas energy and the services of Laclede. This website was proudly developed to teach children about safety, the environment, and the science behind natural gas energy. We hope kids—of all ages—will enjoy spending time with the Gas House Gang at lacledegaskids.com!
Lacledegaskids.com is home to The Gas House Gang where each character has his or her own special focus and message about natural gas. Join along in their antics as they teach you about the benefits of natural gas and safety tips surrounding its use.
- Pierre the Penguin is the head of our gang. He’s in charge of weatherization and conservation so that you can learn how to use energy wisely and efficiently. He was named after Pierre Laclede, the founder of St. Louis.
- Daisy the Dinosaur shares her knowledge about the history and discovery of natural gas. She’s a lot of fun, so be sure to check out her special memory game under our Play & Learn section.
- Eco the Frog lets kids know that it’s easy being green and environmentally friendly when it comes to energy use. She’s proud that natural gas is the cleanest burning fossil fuel.
- Jack the Dog sniffs out safety concerns inside the home to keep everyone in your home safe and sound. Jack is dependable and reliable—just like natural gas!
- Murray the Mole is the outdoor safety expert, complete with hard hat, clipboard and cool pipeline game!
Laclede held a coloring contest at the family-friendly Kid City Expo at the St. Louis Science Center on September 25, 2010. Ten winners were randomly selected out of literally hundreds of entries. Click here to see if you won.